COVID-19 Office Procedures
I understand that many of you might feel some anxiety or have mixed feelings about coming to the office in the near future so we have gone to great lengths to address those worries. My office and the Lasky Clinic are following the guidelines of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are reviewing information daily from the CDC, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and various professional medical societies and updating our protocols as need be to ensure our patients are as safe and as comfortable as possible. As a result, you will experience the following changes when it is time for your next appointment in order to best protect our patients and staff:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Please do not come to your appointment if you are not feeling well.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Patients are encouraged to come to their appointments by themselves. Guests will not be permitted to enter unless there is a valid reason or need for them to do so (such as a parent accompanying their child).
- You might be asked to remain in your car or outside of the building until you receive a text asking you to come in for your appointment. This is done to reduce wait times and the number of people in the waiting areas.
- It will be required that you wear a mask. If you do not have your own mask then we will provide you with one.
- Your temperature will be taken when you arrive for your appointment.
- All patients will be required to sign a consent form stating they understand that there is an increased risk of contracting SARS-CoV-2 by leaving their home and coming to the office.
- There will be antiseptic wipes and hand sanitizer throughout the clinic as well as special air purifiers that remove and kill the virus. The exam rooms will be disinfected between each patient.
- Our waiting area will no longer offer magazines, books or tablets. Our staff will gladly get you water or tea if you would like.
There is a great deal of information swirling around and we are happy to answer any questions you might have regarding our policies and the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe.